CAREERS AT GLA REHAB
At GLA Rehab, we work with individuals living with brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injuries, mental health issues and chronic pain. We provide client-centred therapy within the community including the GTA, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge, Hamilton, Durham Region, and Barrie.
Community Occupational Therapist Job Description
Our OTs provide discharge planning for clients in hospital or rehab settings, attendant care assessments,
community-based treatment to return clients to ADLs, cognitive assessment and treatment, case
management services, OT Catastrophic Application Assessments, Case Management, Future Care Costs
and Return to Work assessments.
We offer a clinical and SABS supportive work environment, competitive remuneration and the flexibility
to manage your own work schedule and caseload.
We currently have openings for part-time Occupational Therapists.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing client assessment in a community setting based on presenting impairment, disability
or handicap, using standardized assessment tools
• Designing a treatment plan using evidence based information, relevant best practice guidelines
and clinical experience
• Actively engaging clients, families, other team members and caregivers to address client
• Linking clients/caregivers with appropriate community partners/services/agencies
• Evaluating and documenting the effectiveness of the intervention, client’s response and
progress towards goal attainment
• Completing clinical records according to standards
• Communicating effectively with clients, families and referral sources, including team members
and office staff
- Post-Secondary education in Occupational Therapy
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle as all work is community based
• Computer skills
• Critical thinking and decision making
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Experience working under the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) will be considered an
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Please send your resume to Smita@gla-rehab.com
GLA Rehab provides Assessment and Treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
The GLA Rehab Newsletter provides you all the latest in news and updates in the rehabilitation industry in a easy to read email delivered every month to your Inbox.
1370 Don Mills Road, Suite 1
Toronto ON M3B 3N7
About GLA Rehab
GLA Rehab provides assessment and treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.