CAREERS AT GLA REHAB
At GLA Rehab, we work with individuals living with brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injuries, mental health issues and chronic pain. We provide client-centred therapy within the community including the GTA, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge, Hamilton, Durham Region, and Barrie.
Community Occupational Therapist Job Description
Our OTs provide discharge planning for clients in hospital or rehab settings, attendant care assessments,
community-based treatment to return clients to ADLs, cognitive assessment and treatment, case
management services, OT Catastrophic Application Assessments, Case Management, Future Care Costs
and Return to Work assessments.
We offer a clinical and SABS supportive work environment, competitive remuneration and the flexibility
to manage your own work schedule and caseload.
We currently have openings for part-time Occupational Therapists.
Responsibilities will include:
• Providing client assessment in a community setting based on presenting impairment, disability
or handicap, using standardized assessment tools
• Designing a treatment plan using evidence based information, relevant best practice guidelines
and clinical experience
• Actively engaging clients, families, other team members and caregivers to address client
• Linking clients/caregivers with appropriate community partners/services/agencies
• Evaluating and documenting the effectiveness of the intervention, client’s response and
progress towards goal attainment
• Completing clinical records according to standards
• Communicating effectively with clients, families and referral sources, including team members
and office staff
- Post-Secondary education in Occupational Therapy
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle as all work is community based
• Computer skills
• Critical thinking and decision making
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Experience working under the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) will be considered an
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Please send your resume to Smita@gla-rehab.com
GLA Rehab provides Assessment and Treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.
Approved 5.0 CEUs
(2.5 for Ethics)
Effective Report Writing for Health Care Professionals
This course focuses on developing an effective process of writing health care reports in order to increase professional credibility and persuade the reader to follow recommendations.
Skilled writers can produce more effective documents in less time and develop stronger relationships with clients and colleagues. Well-written reports are also more persuasive, which means key stakeholders will support your recommendations.
CEUs for Life Care Planners - Those taking the accredited Effective Report Writing for Health Care Professionals course will obtain up to 5.0 hours of accredited Continuing Education Units.
This course is an on-line interactive course that can be completed at your own pace.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
The GLA Rehab Newsletter provides you all the latest in news and updates in the rehabilitation industry in a easy to read email delivered every month to your Inbox.
1370 Don Mills Road, Suite 1
Toronto ON M3B 3N7
About GLA Rehab
GLA Rehab provides assessment and treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.