CAREERS AT GLA REHAB
At GLA Rehab, we work with individuals living with brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injuries, mental health issues and chronic pain. We provide client-centred therapy within the community including the GTA, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge, Hamilton, Durham Region, and Barrie.
Community Rehab Therapist Job Description
Our Rehab Therapists (RT) and/or Registered Kinesiologists implement therapeutic programs at the home, gym, school and other community settings, to meet client’s needs. RTs will work under the supervision of a registered rehabilitation professional.
- Support clients in achieving goals as identified by the rehab team
- Implement established protocols and intervention strategies for both cognitive and physical impairments
- Assist with behaviour management and provide emotional support for clients with psychological/psychiatric impairments
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and rehab team about the client’s needs and care in the community
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- A background working with head injuries and other severe impairments is an asset.
- Experience working in the MVA/Personal Injury Sector will be considered an asset
- Fluency in an additional language in addition to English will be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle as all work is community based
Job Types: Contract
Thank you for your interest in GLA Rehab.
Please email your resume to Kris@gla-rehab.com
GLA Rehab provides Assessment and Treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
The GLA Rehab Newsletter provides you all the latest in news and updates in the rehabilitation industry in a easy to read email delivered every month to your Inbox.
1370 Don Mills Road, Suite 1
Toronto ON M3B 3N7
About GLA Rehab
GLA Rehab provides assessment and treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.