CAREERS AT GLA REHAB
At GLA Rehab, we work with individuals living with brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injuries, mental health issues and chronic pain. We provide client-centred therapy within the community including the GTA, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge, Hamilton, Durham Region, and Barrie.
Community Rehab Therapist Job Description
Our Rehab Therapists (RT) and/or Registered Kinesiologists implement therapeutic programs at the home, gym, school and other community settings, to meet client’s needs. RTs will work under the supervision of a registered rehabilitation professional.
- Support clients in achieving goals as identified by the rehab team
- Implement established protocols and intervention strategies for both cognitive and physical impairments
- Assist with behaviour management and provide emotional support for clients with psychological/psychiatric impairments
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and rehab team about the client’s needs and care in the community
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- A background working with head injuries and other severe impairments is an asset.
- Experience working in the MVA/Personal Injury Sector will be considered an asset
- Fluency in an additional language in addition to English will be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle as all work is community based
Job Types: Contract
Thank you for your interest in GLA Rehab.
Please email your resume to Kris@gla-rehab.com
GLA Rehab provides Assessment and Treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.
Approved 5.0 CEUs
(2.5 for Ethics)
Effective Report Writing for Health Care Professionals
This course focuses on developing an effective process of writing health care reports in order to increase professional credibility and persuade the reader to follow recommendations.
Skilled writers can produce more effective documents in less time and develop stronger relationships with clients and colleagues. Well-written reports are also more persuasive, which means key stakeholders will support your recommendations.
CEUs for Life Care Planners - Those taking the accredited Effective Report Writing for Health Care Professionals course will obtain up to 5.0 hours of accredited Continuing Education Units.
This course is an on-line interactive course that can be completed at your own pace.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
The GLA Rehab Newsletter provides you all the latest in news and updates in the rehabilitation industry in a easy to read email delivered every month to your Inbox.
1370 Don Mills Road, Suite 1
Toronto ON M3B 3N7
About GLA Rehab
GLA Rehab provides assessment and treatment services, employing a personal and effective strategy for rehabilitation and recovery.