Community Occupational Therapist – Job Description
Our OT’s provide discharge planning for clients in hospital or rehab settings, functional assessments, community-based treatment to return clients to ADLs, cognitive assessment and treatment and case management services.
We offer trained OT’s in elderly care and Dementia management.
We currently have openings for Subcontract Occupational Therapists.
- Providing client assessment in a community setting, outlining presenting impairment, using standardized assessment tools specified for the elderly
- Prescribing assistive devices and mobility devices. Making recommendations for Wandering technology and other compensation strategies for safety issues
- Designing a treatment plan using evidence based information, relevant best practice guidelines and clinical experience
- Actively engaging clients, families, other team members and caregivers to address client centered goals
- Linking clients/caregivers with appropriate community partners/services/agencies
- Evaluating and documenting the effectiveness of the intervention, client’s response and progress towards goal attainment
- Completing clinical records according to standards
- Communicating effectively with clients, families, team members and family physician
- Provide services in a flexible environment and flexible working hours
- Registered Occupational Therapist in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Post-Secondary education in Occupational Therapy
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle as all work is community based
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Training and experience in Dementia management is an asset
Job Types: Sub-contract
Please send your resume to [email protected]