Community Occupational Therapist – Job Description
Our OTs provide discharge planning for clients in hospital or rehab settings, attendant care assessments, community-based treatment to return clients to ADLs, cognitive assessment and treatment, case management services, OT Catastrophic Application Assessments, Case Management, Future Care Costs and Return to Work assessments.
We offer a clinical and SABS supportive work environment, competitive remuneration and the flexibility to manage your own work schedule and caseload.
We currently have openings for Subcontract Occupational Therapists.
- Providing client assessment in a community setting, outlining presenting impairment, using standardized assessment tools
- Designing a treatment plan using evidence based information, relevant best practice guidelines and clinical experience
- Actively engaging clients, families, other team members and caregivers to address client centered goals
- Linking clients/caregivers with appropriate community partners/services/agencies
- Evaluating and documenting the effectiveness of the intervention, client’s response and progress towards goal attainment
- Completing clinical records according to standards
- Communicating effectively with clients, families and referral sources, including team members and office staff
- Provide services in a flexible environment and flexible working hours
- Registered Occupational Therapist in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Post-Secondary education in Occupational Therapy
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle as all work is community based
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience working under the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) will be considered an asset.
Job Types: Sub-contract
Please send your resume to [email protected]