Community Rehab Therapist – Job Description
Our Rehab Therapists (RT) and/or Registered Kinesiologists implement therapeutic programs at the home, gym, school and other community settings, to meet client’s needs. RTs works under the supervision of a registered rehabilitation professional.
- Support clients in achieving goals as identified by the rehab team
- Implement established protocols and intervention strategies for both cognitive and physical impairments
- Assist with behavior management and provide emotional support for clients with psychological/psychiatric impairments
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and rehab team about the client’s needs and care in the community
- Provide services in a flexible environment and flexible working hours
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- A background working with people with head injuries and other psychological/behavioral impairments is an asset.
- Experience working in the MVA/Personal Injury Sector will be considered an asset
- Fluency in an additional language in addition to English will be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle as all work is community based
Job Types: Sub-contract
Please email your resume to [email protected]